I have trying to get better at taking pictures – but I am not so good at it sometimes! This weekend has been filled with lots of things to do and lots of activity. My legs are tired, which means I need to do some yoga tomorrow to give them some stretches and a break. Yesterday we went on a 2 hour 20 minute walk around the area, and we had a sinful dinner: veggieburger with the works and fired! MMmmm! Sometimes you just need those greasy, yummy meals. This morning started with 5.25 miles on the elliptical at the gym – it was tough today – but I am glad I did it. Maybe the sodium from last night’s dinner made me sluggish?
I made a batch of my Buttermilk Blueberry Scones this weekend, and they are so tasty! Here is the day after pictures and recipe. I seriously think God wants me to open a bakery/cafe someday.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (plus whole wheat flour to “knead” dough)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- dash of salt
- 4 tablespoons margarine, chilled and cubed
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl (flour, sugar, baking powder, salt) and then “cut” the margarine into the flour mixture (I usually take my hands and work the butter and dry ingredients together – it becomes mealy in a sense – don’t overwork it).
- Add milk and eggs into bowl, mix together slightly before mixing into dry ingredients. Dough should forms and then fold in blueberries. Be careful to not overwork the dough.
- Dump dough on to whole wheat floured cutting board, shape into a large triangle and cut into wedges and triangles. Place on ungreased baking sheet for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Place in preheated 375 degree oven on ungreased baking sheet for 15 to 20 minutes.
These are delicious warm and served next day!! I love them alone, with clotted cream, lots of different things. They are tasty.